CALL FOR PAPERS
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR EDUCATIONAL PLANNING (ISEP)
42st ANNUAL MEETING
Kansas City, MO, USA
OCTOBER 10-13, 2012
CONFERENCE THEME: A Global Commitment to Reform: Strategic Thinking, Strategic Planning, and Strategic Action
DESCRIPTION OF PROPOSALS: The conference planners are especially interested in obtaining original manuscripts dealing directly with the general theme of the conference. This theme focuses on challenges in planning, educational change, and educational improvement at national and international levels as well as cross-culturally. The challenges presented in school planning, change, and improvement today are more pressing and more difficult than ever. Challenges to various groups, individuals, and movements throughout the world will be explored at this conference, as well as solutions that have been identified and implemented in schools. For this reason, the conference planners will encourage individuals to explore these phenomena as thoroughly as possible by submitting appropriate papers. Notwithstanding these criteria, the conference planners are interested in all aspects of planning and will consider original manuscripts dealing with any aspect of educational planning. Participants may consider submitting proposals under any of the following categories:
Thematic Paper Session: The paper is an individual paper presentation on the theory, process, or application of educational planning. This forum provides the opportunity for individual presenters to deliver a position paper, a paper describing existing initiatives or practices, or a paper that addresses a needed innovation in educational planning. Each individual presenter should anticipate no more than 20 minutes for presentation, including questions.
Roundtable/Panel Discussion: The leader of a small number of presenters (between 3-5) coordinates the preparation and presentation of ideas and questions related to the conference theme or other issues related to educational planning (50 minutes).
Symposium Thematic Session: This forum provides the opportunity for a session organizer to submit a proposal in which multiple presenters deliver a diverse range of viewpoints on a major issue or practice related to the theme or some aspect of educational planning (50 minutes).
Working Paper Session: Well-developed drafts of papers are sent to reviewers. In this session, an editor/reviewer will provide suggestions/comments for use in writing the paper for presentation and/publication.
<p >PROPOSAL SUBMISSION: The proposal should comprise (1) a cover page and (2) a 250 - 500 word description.
Cover Page, which includes: Title of presentation, type of session proposed (thematic paper roundtable/panel discussion, symposium thematic session, working paper session), and session organizer (name, title, institution mailing address, telephone, fax number, e-mail address, and additional presenters name, title, and institution)
Description of Presentation (250-500 words), which includes: Title of proposal, objectives for the session, summary of substantive content of the proposal, plans for participants' involvement, and audio-visual equipment to be used in the presentation. (Please specify: flip chart, overhead projector, slide projector, and/or LED Projector). Any proposal selected for presentation and not requesting the necessary audio-visual equipment prior to the conference may encumber personal financial responsibility for the use of such equipment at the time of presentation.
A double blind, peer reviewed process will be used to select proposals to be presented at the conference.
Conference registration information will be posted no later than March 31, 2012.
The conference site will be the InterContinental Hotel in Kansas City, MO.
· Conference Hotel ISEP cost is $149.00 per night (plus tax) for a single or double.
· Conference Room rates will apply two days before and two days after the conference.
· Remember to make your room reservations as soon as possible and be sure to identify that you are an ISEP Conference Registrant. Please use the following phone number or web site for registration: Global Reservations Center at 1-866-856-9717 or visit the website at www.kansascityic.com.
· The conference hotel is conveniently located in downtown Kansas City, just steps from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district, the InterContinental invites you to experience this 15-block outdoor museum that combines romantic Spanish architecture and European art. Featuring more than 150 shops, restaurants, quiet courtyards, sparkling fountains, and stunning sculptures, a stroll through County Club Plaza is an exhilarating walk through Kansas City’s rich history.
· Remember to make your room reservations as soon as possible and be sure to identify that you are an ISEP Conference Registrant.
· The ISEP conference rate is available only until September 5, 2012 or until the contracted special rate rooms are all reserved. After September 5, all bookings will be handled according to availability.
CONFERENCE TRAVEL INFORMATION:
The shuttle service provided from the airport to the hotel is the KCI shuttle. This service runs from 4 am until 11 pm and costs $18 one-way and $34 for a round trip, per person. Carey Limousine Company runs both your taxi and limo needs. The cost per trip is $60 and $79 respectively. Please contact the Concierge to arrange your transportation.
Station Name: Amtrak
Distance 5.0 MI / 8.05 KM NORTH to Hotel
Taxi Fee From Train Station: $15.00 (USD)
Additional information on directions may be found on the Web: http://www.intercontinental.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/maps-directions/kansascity#
Check List for Deadlines:
June 1, 2012 Deadline for submission of dissertations for consideration for the ISEP Dissertation Award
June 1, 2012 Deadline for submission of presentation proposals
August 1, 2012 Deadline for notification of acceptance of proposals
September 5, 2012 Last date for room bookings